Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Free food from fabulous friends

I've been very very fortunate this past couple of weeks, with a constant flow of free food heading into my kitchen (and my happy puku). Monday's grapes were just the tip of the iceberg...

Taph brought 4 Granny Smith apples from work with her Monday night. There's only one in the photo above because I used the other three to make a ginger and apple crumble to take to J & M's for dinner on Tuesday night.

I didn't leave their place empty handed. When I arrived I was handed a bowl and told to go play in the laden tomato patch and take home what I found. With some of the (bolting) basil to go with it. And M has just returned from 2 weeks' work in PNG and had brought back coffee for one and all (he's very proud that it's organic).

But that's not all. In the last couple of weeks I've also had the following turn up with Taph and not leave when she has:

* A block of feta cheese
* A block of soy cheese
* A 1 litre tub of French vanilla icecream (now residing in J&M's freezer as it wandered over last night with the crumble)
* A 4 litre ice cream container full of stewed pears
* A quarter full bottle of Cointreau
* A jar of homemade plum jam
* A bag of yellow squash
* A 5 litre cask of wine
* A bottle of wine

So if I've not said it enought you're all wonderful people and I appreciate your donations. And you have an open invitation to Restaurant TSS whenever you wish (just be warned you may be eating ever so recycled food...!)

2 comments :

Taphophile said...

Oooh, love that PNG coffee - haven't had any in ages.

AMCSviatko said...

Consider it yours :-)