Monday, March 10, 2008

Sew tired...

Today was my first day playing intern. I think I did OK but my brain hurts something horrid.

I got to use an industrial machine and sew round and round on scraps of calico until I could manage to get the wee beastie to do pretty much what I wanted it to do. 
Alas by the time I got to back stitching ends it had all been too much and after sewing up and down approximately 30 lines drawn on the cloth I still hadn't managed to complete one correctly but had kept Miggs entertained with the escallating range of swear words coming from the corner..

So Miggs took pity on me and got me to cut out some very expensive Merino stretch wool. Which was pretty scary. Miggs is taller than me so I had to resort to the old stand on a pile of phone books trick to reach properly.
Since I didn't balls that up she let me play with her overlocker. This is the first piece in The Shopping Sherpa's winter range for artists' mannequins: a lovely merino hood. 
Look out for the matching one of a kind scarf, available soon by special order...

2 comments :

Taphophile said...

Mannequins in da hood!

Those industrial machines are devilishly fast - congrats on conquering it.

Caffeine Faerie said...

I am so incredibly envious of you right now.

And w00t on conquering those scary industrial sewing machines!