Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Captivated by cardboard

It started with this post.

Then I saw this photo of
Hattie Newman's work on The Art Room Plant: and Katherine Belsey's pop up paper IKEA house on IKEA Hacker:which reminded me of a picture of vivi hack's work I saved from SeeHearSay a while back:Then I discovered the Houses of Blood and Rapture exhibition at Hand Held Gallery in Melbourne: And, finally, I spotted this on Design for Mankind last week:
A retail fit out by Belenko!. Yes, I know it's not cardboard but between that and the vivi hack work above I'm thinking of making the gallery for Call of the Small* out of plain cardboard and just drawing the architectural details onto it...

(*Thanks, as always, to the real Call of the Small for the use of her name)

2 comments :

The House of Lisa said...

Nice interior!

Ampersand Duck said...

Yes! That will make the reality of the works just POP. Don't forget that I have that cardboard printing press :)