Saturday, July 02, 2011

Inspiration from Amsterdam, via New Zealand

This photo from last month's Urbis magazine, leaped out at me. Partly because of the grey walls which is a colour I've been working with lately, but also because I have an almost identical AG Minis desk lamp that I've not used in a scene yet:I was planning to scan it but before I got around to it Urbis launched a website which included the article in question. Yay, Urbis!

Here's my first trial:I wanted to use a grey armchair but I don't have one. Yet. So a piece of my vintage Concord sectional had to do. No stool of the right height either. Or white painted floorboards: something that's been on my list for weeks. But, overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

I decided to try adding the pink flokati rug
I knitted this week, which works too:But it still needs a bit of oomph, so I swapped out the lamp which originally inspired the scene with a recent arrival from Mitchymoo Miniatures' swap parcel. Which lights up!

I also (finally)remembered I have some Tord Boontje-esque bits downstairs which I bought to use as napkin rings. Which, although not white like the original, will work as a light shade. (Now if only I'd completed those black cushions
I said I needed to add to the armchair...)

And for those of you who enjoy behind the scenes pictures:

(Credits on FLICKR)

1 comment :

Vanessa said...

Fabulous! I love your rendition.