Monday, August 25, 2014

Captured at the craft show

The Canberra Craft and Quilt Fair was on again this weekend and Cider Teak and I made the time to visit on Saturday afternoon.

I had high hopes, based on the haul I picked up last year but ended up feeling quite disappointed. I'm not sure if that was because I didn't have the excitement of being a first-time visitor or if there were less stalls (it certainly felt like it was smaller: and there definitely less stalls selling beads).

Not to say I came home empty handed:
Selection of craft items including scrapbooking paper, fabric, washi tape, charms and a book.
I loved this paisley-daisy embossed scrapbooking paper so much I bought two packs (at $5 a pack). I think it would work well as a modern-style anaglypta in a cafe or bar.
Scrapbooking paper embossed with a paisley and daisy pattern.
A bag of these teeny tiny bulldog clips cost me $2. I'm not sure if I'll use them in real life or as giant clips in a miniature scene.
A hand holding a very small bulldog clip.
 And I think this fabric would make great cushions for Margell School ($6.50 for a piece 53 cm long: that's a lot of cushions!)
Close up of linen fabric printed with old french advertising in blue and red.
Close up of linen fabric printed with old french advertising in blue and red.

1 comment :

Suman said...

I loved this paisley-daisy embossed scrapbooking paper.

Instyler