Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Frugalling Fairy obviously loves me today!

Rescued from the book shelves of Salvos Mitchell:1 brand new (with gold card still intact) 2006/07 Entertainment Book.

Even with only 15 weeks before it expires, I think it was a major bargain at just 50 cents. Yes, you read that right, 50 cents. Exactly 1% of the original price.

And you get to share in the goodness. I'll be pulling out the coupons I know I'll never use and will make a list of them to post here. You can grab what you think you might use between now and June 1st.

6 comments :

Carson said...

lordy, you are the frugal queen!
what's in there?!

Anonymous said...

I am currently sharing this book with my sister and her partner and believe me you SAVE alot with them. We have been using them for over 3 years and LOVE THEM.

Cosy said...

Fantastic: that's frugal! I scored one from my school (ahem! workplace!) lost-and-found. Bonus!

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Carson

Buy-one-main-course-get-one-free deals (not as many as there used to be, alas) and 25%-off-your-total-bill offers for restaurants.

Plus things like 25% off flowers, beauty treatments, car detailing, buy-one-get-one-fre on tourist attractions. The ubiquitous cheap movie ticket offers (like who actually ever pays full price to go to the movies these days?) and some hotel deals that we all ignore because it's still cheaper to book through last minute, wotif, need it now or Octopus. Oh and lots of Red Rooster, Wendys and otehr chain coupons.

I used to buy a book every year but it was nixed out of my budget about the same time I stopped getting pedicures and leg waxes.

The books are great value, especially if there are two of you as you'll recoup your investment on your first 2 uses.

Taphophile said...

Good buy. I stopped getting them when I became a singleton again, but at 50c...

Anonymous said...

oh gawd that is frugal heaven