Monday, June 08, 2009

Just another manic Monday

For some people it was a public holiday. For me it was work as usual.

There was cooking as well: the first lot of hummus in a while. And a lovely apricot and pecan danish for afternoon tea, made with some of the apricots from the freezer. After an unplanned run to the supermarket for butter. And garlic. Heaven forbid I should run out of garlic!

And it rained. Again. I can hardly remember a time when it wasn't raining around here...

Tonight I plan to work on my portfolio for my printmaking assessment. And do some dishes. Always dishes at the moment. That's one of the nasty side effects of constant cooking!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Cup of tea. Porridge with craisins, wheatgerm, brown sugar and milk

Lunch: Toast and freshly made hummus. Roma tomatoes.
Afternoon tea: Apricot danish. Cup of tea.
Dinner: Penne pasta with broccoli, red capsicum and smoked salmon. More danish.

Today's purchases:

250g butter: $1.39
1 head garlic: $1.33

Total for today: $2.72

Total for June: $263.21

No comments :