Friday, October 05, 2007

Bloomin' marvelous

* I have an African Daisy in my front garden. Just one, mind, amongst a sea of autumn's oak leaves which I'm calling mulch (thus meaning I don't have to actually remove them.) * The pansies which J & M planted for my birthday have finally been left alone long enough by my possums that they've grown and produced more than one flower. If you squint the front of the house looks almost looked after!

* At the beginning of 2007 I decided I wanted to learn:
a) stretch sewing
and
b) how to get something up onto my website
by the end of the year.
In the last 48 hours after mentioning these goals to friends I've been offered a 2 week internship at a Fashion Atelier in New Zealand (and the promise that I'll learn a hell of a lot more than just how to sew myself a hoodie). If that wasn't exciting enough, it's during The International Festival of the Arts which I've been dying to go to for more years than I can remember. Suffice to say my plane tickets are booked already. And I figure that my goal is met if I've at least arranged it by the end of 2007...
And another friend has said I can spend a day with her in December learning how to build a web page. Yippee!

*Next week there are open days at The Shine Dome and National Gallery of Australia. I plan, of course, to attend both.

*We (actually that's the royal "we") have decided on a new home for Northside Stitch 'n' Bitch: The tram outside
The Courtyard Cafe at The Quality Hotel (cnr Cape and Badham Streets) Dickson. Second Monday of each month from 7pm. If nothing else it should give us good photos for our blogs (I'm guessing we're the only SnB group that meets on a tram...)

* Speaking of Tradies (which we were, sort of)
this is hilarious.

1 comment :

*BB* said...

congrats on the internship!!