Monday, October 15, 2007

I tried, honest I did!

Sunday evening I felt like blobbing. And after writing this the idea of some mindless viewing seemed oddly attractive.

So I plopped myself down on the sofa. Tried putting my hand down my pants but they were too tight (must have been that birthday cake...). McDonalds wasn't an option as I'd spent all my spare cash on birthday cake and a pot of tea at NGA so I ate the chickpea, spinach, potato and tomato curry I found in the freezer with basmati rice, poppadoms and mango chutney.

Turned the TV on (after blowing the dust and cobwebs off it) and discovered Sunday Arts had an interview with Iota from Berlin (which I'm off to see next week). So I settled down to watch after deciding since I didn't have the money to buy McDonalds I certainly didn't have the money to buy Bundy and Cola so a glass of Sav Blanc would have to suffice.

And then At the Movies came on so I had to watch that as well. There were bombs in their review of Bomb Harvest but I'm not sure that's quite in the spirit of "scantily clad women, guns and lots of explosions"

4 comments :

Taphophile said...

Your curry is MUCH better than Macdonalds and almost as convenient. Sounds like a lovely evening in.

Anonymous said...

That is just so brilliant.
Cupboard stereo to cupboard's dressing table 3.
I can see this getting wordy...
I can't really play, but I can pretend.

Lin Collins said...

Dang, I want your Sunday. I resisted the attractions of the NGA birthday celebrations to move many cubic metres of new topsoil around my garden. By Sunday night I couldn't get my hands in my pants cos my arms wouldn't' move. Your day sounds soo much better.

AMCSviatko said...

Sister Sticks:

There were many other things I should have been doing on Sunday but my reasoning went like this:

Gardening: will still be there tomorrow (or next week or next month)
Washing, ironing, dishes, housework: ditto
25th Anniversary: Only happens once and is so much more interesting than any of the above!