Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Treasure on Tuesday (or, does it count as a souvenir if you buy it before you go?)

I captured this fabric panel in Salvos Phillip at lunchtime today for $5, thus continuing my tradition of buying souvenirs before I actually leave home. (I have a lovely silhouette picture of Venetian buildings hanging on my bedroom wall that bought from China on eBay before my trip to the Mediterranean. And I bought a fantastic metal money box in the shape of the Statue of Liberty's head before my USA trip)

To tell the truth I'm not really that keen on the figures along the bottom (although I can imagine a skirt made with the central section on the front, can't you?) but I really really REALLY like the top bits. Like the trees:and the umbrellas and fans:


Maybe I could take it with me and make something from it on board with my portable sewing machine...

5 comments :

Taphophile said...

You were in Phillip and no coffee? Seriously love the umbrellas. Good buy. :)

AMCSviatko said...

Sorry! I was a) strapped for time (it really was a lunch hour visit) and b) figured you'd possibly seen enough of me over the movie frenzy of the past week...

Heidi said...

DId I miss it? Where are you crusing in Asia?

I love how you framed the fabric in those sections. Cool.

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Heidi

Announced wayyyyy back in April (http://theshoppingsherpa.blogspot.com/2007/04/im-not-dead-yet.html)

We're leaving from Sydney and visiting Brisbane, The Whitsundays, Cairns, Komodo, Lombok, Bali and overnightling in Singapore...

Anonymous said...

Azazone is another great treasure I recommend to you all :)