Sunday, April 23, 2006

Rare species spotted and caught!

Princess B and I dropped into Video Ezy last night while waiting for our Thai takeaway to be made and decided that had to be one of the most missleading business names that exists.

They really should rebrand as "DVD Ezy". Having said that we did actually manage to find not one but two new release videos available for hire! Since Princess B has already seem Madagascar The Island was our choice for the evening. I'd actually been wanting to see it but it turned out to be not quite what I was expecting with way more violence and explosions (and much need for suspending belief). Somehow I was expecting a more thoughtful slant on the story. Silly me.

Afterwards I discovered something amazing. That black box in the corner that I use to watch videos on also provides other stuff which is free! We watched Iron Chef (somewhat of a Saturday night tradition when we're visiting each other) followed by Rockwiz which I'd never heard of but which was brilliant entertainment.

So there you have it - how two raging Librarians spend their Saturday night in Australia's capital...

(Soundtrack: Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat (The songs of Leonard Cohen))

No comments :