Saturday, January 05, 2008

On the button

Apart from seeing The Special Beat, the only other thing I needed to do in Sydney during my whirlwind trip was visit All Buttons Great and Small on King Street Newtown and buy the perfect buttons for Princess B's stole.

Alas I made an erroneous assumption on Thursday that a) they were open til 5:30pm and b) probably later as it's late night in Sydney on Thursday. I arrived at 5:04 to discover a darkened shop. Argh!So I tried again Friday morning and spent a happy hour looking through the many many shelves of buttons.

I narrowed down the choice of buttons for Princess B's stole to 4 and was happy to find that my favourites were also the cheapest options (under $3 each as opposed to $17 each for some of the other options I pulled out.)

Yes, there were some breathtaking buttons to be bought. But there were also some breathtaking prices (one button I was admiring cost $32. For one button. Eek!)

There were also some very cozy Babushkas:and a selection of very big buttons.I would have been tempted to buy one but luckily they didn't have any wood dark enough to entice me. Phew!

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Blogger ate my comment grrrr. I heart buttons but $32? Was it made of gold?

Janet McKinney said...

A whole store of buttons! I can see you with a button collection now - black ones, white ones, silver ones and wooden ones. probably big ones too.
Janet McK

Taphophile said...

Love those big buttons!

AMCSviatko said...

You leave my button collection alone, Janet! ;-)

Janet McKinney said...

Hmmm talking of button collection - you got me looking through my little collection - of some vintage, and possible antique buttons - to see if I may consider contributing to your button collection.

I looked, and looked, and sorted through some wonderful little buttons - and decided you can't have any - you wouldn't want the ones I was prepared to give, and i am not prepared to give the ones you may want!!

Hehehe - I do have a selfish bone.. but then again, they were inherited from Bob's Mum - so they are special - probably from her grandmother I suspect.

Janet McK

Denise Kiggan said...

What an intriguing shop! Very inspiring. If I ever get to Sydney again - I will have to add it to my places to visit list!