Friday, June 25, 2010

The long walk home

The buses were on strike today.

Miss Daisy was at the mechanics' today.

My push bikes had flat tyres today (and I had no suitable rainwear anyway)

So I walked to work today (and got randomly picked up by one of my bosses half way there. Yay!)Tonight I wasn't quite so lucky. So I had a 45 minute walk home. In the rain. With this song going round and round in my head. (Which was a total pain as I don't like it at all and the only time I've voluntarily played it was at Radio Active in the late 80s when I was doing a Musical chains show* about rain.)

(*Each song has to link to the one before and after in some way. We once did a Death to Dawn** musical chains show about food: 7 hours playing nothing but food and drink related songs. Most excellent.)

(** Midnight to 7am straight through. I'm not sure anyone does these live anymore as I believe you can programme them into the computer in advance and go home and sleep instead...)

2 comments :

Rebecca said...

Oh dear :-( What an unfortunate concatenation of transport difficulties!
Quite a pleasant walk in good weather - at this time of year, in rain and darkness, not fun. Especially with an ear worm you don't like!

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of the streetscape. Signed - aged parental unit (male)