Saturday, December 31, 2016

Saturday shelfie

One-twelfth scale miniature scene of a desktop on New Year's Eve 2016 in a box frame next to a jar of hydrangea lights.
This New Year's Eve scene in a box frame wasn't on my list of things to do today at all. But sometimes that's when the most fun happens, right?

It all started when I had the urge to make inchies: something I've not done for well over five years. So I shrugged, pulled out some of my paper stash and tools
Various bits of paper on a desk, along with a pair of scissors, a paper punch and a sticker machine.
 and before long I'd completed three. I named the set 'Social butterflies'.
Three inchies on a desk surrounded by various bits of paper, along with a pair of scissors, a paper punch and a sticker machine.
While making them, I recalled the white resin frames Kitty and Kat Miniatures sent me in her last swap box, and thought they might be a good style to frame them. And while I was thinking about white frames, I wondered if, for a change, I could create a scene within a full-sized frame (something I've done very occasionally in the past and have been meaning to revisit) and possibly use some of the cheap Typo frames I have lurking in the stash cupboard in The Room of Shame.

And I was right on both counts. The final touch was turning the bottom of the frame into a desktop and adding a variety of accessories referencing the fact that today is the last day of 2016.
One-twelfth scale modern miniature scene of a desk with various books and magazines, an iPad, a 2017 diary and pen, a peace lily and wooden word saying 'dream'. On the wall above are three inchies in frames.
On that note, this post means that my Daily Dolls' House December 2016 challenge is now officially successfully completed. 

My plans to spend the summer break cleaning my house aren't, but I can start focusing on that tomorrow. Or should I say 'next year'? ;-P
Close up of a one-twelfth scale modern miniature scene of a desk with various books and magazines, an iPad, a 2017 diary and pen, a bottle of champagne and glass, and a mask.
Speaking of which, I hope that the best of this year is the worst of your next. And that your year is full of finding joy in the little things.
Close up of a one-twelfth scale modern miniature scene of a desk with a 2017 diary and pen, a peace lily and wooden word saying 'dream'.
(Once again, thanks are due to various people for contributing bits that I used in the scene: Kitty and Kat Miniatures also sent me the wooden dream word and the sparkly vase. The stars on the desktop are from the pizza box Sandra sent me. And the bottle I turned into champagne was from a swap with Saana back in 2010...)

1 comment :

Tina said...

Congrats on the completion of challenge...very impressive effort. It's been very enjoyanle seeing all the pictures. Very inspiring and had a few laughs along the way. Happy 2017.