Monday, December 02, 2013

Map Monday

Way back in October, I was inspired to make a scene (still unfinished, alas) by a picture of a vintage New Zealand map I ripped out of a magazine.


I'm pleased to say I finally finished making the map:
 I cut around the picture and stuck it to some light card backing, leaving space top and bottom to glue some bamboo from a Japanese hanging a friend gave me. Finally, I cut a length of vintage cotton from my cotton reel collection and attached each end to the back with permanent stickers.
Yep, that looks suitably vintage. Now to finish the shed it's supposed to be hanging in...

4 comments :

iPad oplader in aanbieding said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Serenata said...

Great map, I just love it! Would never have guessed it came out of a magazine.

Heather said...

This really looks great!!

Norma Bennett said...

It looks great, so much more interesting to turn the map into a hanging than just pin it to the wall. That little swan looks quintessentially Crown Lynn - amazing!