Saturday, January 25, 2014

You know how I said I was a bit slow sometimes?

Here's proof: today I went to visit Cockington Green. Almost three and a half years since I said I really should go back again.
 But it was worth the wait, as I have a tour with Sally, the Director. (That's her finger, pointing to some carvings she made on the Palace of Darius in the International Section.)
I met one of the groundkeepers, who was cleaning out the pond on the golf course
and, a little later in the morning, trimming trees outside one of the cottages.
 But my favourite part of all was being able to visit the workshop where the buildings are created.
 To see how it's arranged,
 (No, not that sort of turkey...)
and have Sally explain how the buildings are constructed in order to withstand being out in the elements and how they factor in repairs and replacements.
I have a ton more photos, but also have a feature to write for The tiny Times: the whole reason for me being out there in the first place.

Hopefully I'll be able to share the article with you when it's published...

No comments :