Thursday, October 29, 2015

Wonky windows

The good news: I worked out how to change my saw blade and cut a couple of window holes in the middle of the back wall.
Dolls' house window inserted into a hole cut in a sheet of MDF.
The bad news: I'm still not crash hot as cutting straight with my scroll saw, so unless I feel the sudden need to channel Hudertwasser, there will be some packing and sanding in my future. And I decided the only sensible thing to do to avert further catastrophe is to cut the weatherboard using a knife and ruler.
Wall and floor pieces of a doll's house kit taped into place, with siding clamped on and sliding doors installed.
The good news: I did another trial fit. I'm feeling hopeful.
One piece of MDF, perpendicular to another, with a small amount of overhang.
The bad news: I miscalculated the length of the middle wall when I cut it. So it'll be headng back to the saw.
Front view of a dolls; house miniature shed kit, held together with clamps and tape.
The good news: I'm pretty certain I know what to do next.
Front view of a dolls; house miniature shed kit, held together with clamps and tape, with a piece across the front.
The bad news: that bit of MDF I picked up from Bunnings for the front looks like it's too high. There will be more wonky cuts in my near future...
#HBSCreatinContest2015 

3 comments :

Jodi Hippler said...

Not to worry! The Universe just wants you to learn fabulous ways with saw and trim so that you can teach us all! Challenge = opportunity! You can do it!

Mad For Mod said...

Consider it practice...practice mak e s perfect.

kittyandkatminiatures said...

Walls! Windows! That's amazing progress!!