Saturday, November 18, 2006

Second Hand Saturday - stuff from Sydney

I managed to fit three op shops into my two days in Sydney - Vinnies Crows Nest and both of the Vinnies in Chatswood (how's that for dedication?) I've also slipped a couple of lots of ribbon into the picture which I actually bought at a discount store, not Vinnies.

So here's the haul:
- Two perspex cases: $3.00 each (in the never ending quest to gain control over the hobby room)
- Eleven books: $30.00 total. Sigh. Do I have some delusion that I'll somehow manage to read all the books I keep buying? Or is it more the though that the possibility is there at some unknown point in the future and, at $2.00 to $4.00 a title it's too good to pass up? At least the two on the far right are being given away...
- 1 knitting pattern: 50 cents. For a cotton knit (adult sized) hoodie. Which just might work with some major yarn substitution.
- 2 rolls of black and white Happy Birthday ribbon: $2.00 each. It pays to be prepared, you know...
- Small spotty espresso cup: 50 cents. I better watch out, one more of
these and I'll have an official collection. Which would be no good at all...
- Round metal sugar bowl/ container thingy: $3.00
- 2 silver serving spoons: $3.00 each.

A close up of the books if you're feeling nosey:(Listening to: This Mortal Coil, It'll end in tears)

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

fabulous as always! i've got an itch to go back to vinnie's today but i have a feeling that 3 days in a row i might get some weird looks!

AMCSviatko said...

Go! When I commented to my local Vinnies that I seemed to be coming in everyday they said that was nothing - they have people who come in several times a day.

So if The Frugalling Fairy is calling, I think you should answer...

June said...

Reading your blog has convinced me I need that Big Book of Aussie slang--though I suspect I'm misusing "slang" to mean "words I don't know"!

AMCSviatko said...

Hi June

Sorry! You might like to try an online version (here for instance: http://www.aussieslang.com/slang/australian-slang-a.asp) but half the problem is I'm bilingual in Aussie and Kiwi slang

:-)