Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Triang Times (Part 2)

Imagine my surprise when I spotted another Triang House at last weekend's show! This one was not for sale (although that phrase about everything being for sale if the price is right did cross my mind) but rather was being displayed by The Thompsons.

The board you can see in the top right corner of the picture above shows how Richard recreated some of the missing windows in a very delicate looking exercise involving many layers of metal and intricate cutting out.

I could tell the house was much loved and was heartened to know that it would live on for many more years.(I did, of course , check out the possibility of them adopting me so I could inherit the house but that, alas, was no go...)

1 comment :

m1k1 said...

How disappointing for you that you have all the inspiration for your blog title, and then hear (as now) that a reader has glossed over the title, because she didn't actually Read It Out Loud and so missed the Very Cleverness of it all. Very triang, I am sure.