Saturday, January 09, 2010

All the time in the world...

I can feel the magic that is three days mooching round home kicking in. Time seems to have slowed to a crawl (in the best possible way) and I find myself easing into those once a year Christmas break tasks that are so important for me to feel like I'm starting the new year fresh.

Today, after a breakfast of freshly cooked oatcakes, the time was right to deal with this year's backlog of filing. Which meant I also had to go through my files and clear out the stuff that's no longer relevant.

Somehow I ended up deciding that the contents of my clothing file would be better cut out and pasted into a visual diary. So I spent a very happy morning cutting out pictures and reminiscing about the paper dolls I used to love playing with when I was a child.Does it matter if the pictures end up back in the file for another year and the diary remains empty? I don't think so. I have all the time in the world...

Over lunch (more home cooking: the last salmon fillet in the freezer served with peas and mash made from the last potato in the cupboard and fresh basil delivered by J last night) and my latest knitting project I started reading a library book which I suspect will teach me exactly what I thought I was going to learn at Sturt (and didn't). At the very least, the introduction goes some way to explaining why I was feeling disgruntled (and thus made me feel much better).Which meant I had the guts to leap upstairs, back to the filing cabinet, and deal with thismuch of which should have been cleared out years ago and is now ripped into little pieces and safely tucked into the recycling bin outside.

And it's still only 4pm! And I have another whole day off tomorrow!

1 comment :

Cherry ・ チェリー ・ 체리  said...

Getting rid of clutter is... releasing? Hey! I used to cut out paper dolls too ^_^