Sunday, May 09, 2021

Sunday got-it-done day

 This week saw the arrival of my early birthday treat to myself: a box of Whittaker's chocolate goodies from Kiwi Corner Dairy, who thoughtfully arranged a 20% off discount just when I was planning to order: meaning delivery was free (and super-speedy!).

DHL carton of bags of chocolate on a sofa next to a copy of Home NZ magazine.
Of course, before I got stuck into finishing that damned sofa today, I got a bit sidetracked...
One-twelfth scale bag of Whittakers artisan squares sitting on top of two full-sized wrapped squares of chocolate, on a work surface containing bits of half-finished miniature sofa.
But finish it I did (even though by the time I did so I'd lost the light for a decent photo).
One-twelfth scale modern miniature dolls house sofa with cushions, a book and a bag of chocolate on a work surface.
Which is probably just as well, otherwise I may have been tempted to make a 1/12 scale DHL carton to complete the madness!

2 comments :

Jodi Hippler said...

It's gorgeous, Anna Maria! I love all of the fabrics and textures together! No wonder they had you thinking of fine chocolates! Happy early Birthday! Hope you get to do and enjoy special things all month long!

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks Jodi, and I plan to have a treat every day until at least my birthday, if not for the whole month.

And since I've not travelled for over a year, and have no pressing maintenance on the flat, I'm giving myself a smallish budget to spend on wee treasures, which feels quite exciting!