Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One day. One inch (square)

Actually, I think I did pretty well encapsulating my day in a one inch square space.

There's reference to my current bus reading (on the
De Stijl movement: and since this morning, when I discovered our French speaking chaps on the number 2 bus are actually from Belgium, I understand their weird looks when they first saw me reading it the other day. Or maybe they were just in awe that I can read on the bus and not want to throw up... Life on the number 2 is a whole other post for another day)

In the top left corner, a picture from the lid of the stamp tin from the very gorgeous (and rather cheap) vintage stamp set I treated myself to from eBay after I got paid for my Uppercase article. Which arrived this morning (the stamp set, not the magazine).

I had to add a trial print from said stamp set.

And the flag? That's for the
Australia Day Achievement Awards presentation I went to at work this morning. Which was followed by a truly Aussie morning tea which included scones with jam and cream, lamingtons and sausage rolls. (Because, as we all know, it's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll...)

3 comments :

m1k1 said...

Because, as we all know, it's a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll...

haha. brilliant. instant mini scene springs to mind. but i'm a lazy so-and-so, so i expect it will just stay a notion.

Makeminemidcentury said...

I think I'm starting to get the hang of your blog ... it's very esoteric and intelligent.

Maybe I don't understand it at all ... it does amuse me, though.

pinar said...

=)..

I have seen this somewhere..
you might be interested.. maybe..
diy miniature vase of red roses on this site..
http://tinyurl.com/4bxbg5y
pinar..