Monday, January 29, 2024

Make, do and mend Monday: Big C, little c, what begins with C?

 As I pulled out contenders (geddit?) for today's Make, do and mend Monday I realised that there was an unexpected theme.

A collection of one-twelfth scale modern miniatures, including 4 plastic dining chairs with tall backs, a solid 'ghost' chair with arms and a leg broken off,  an espresso machine with a missing knob, a pile of labeless cans of various sizes and a ziplock bag containing a cheeseboard kit.

Because first out of the pile (mainly because they were taking up a bit of room and I knew they should be an easy fix) were a set of chairs that I picked up at a Canberra mini show: one of 2 sets (the others I shortened and used back in 2017 in the Bluebird cafe).

Four one-twelfth scale modern miniature plastic dining chairs with high backs.
I've been planning to shorten their legs and spray paint them black (surprise surprise) for a bit of a Charles Rennie MacIntosh look, and it will be nice to have them done.

Next was a Dolls House Emporium black ghost chair with arms and one leg broken off
One-twelfth scale modern miniature 'ghost' chair with arms and one leg broken off.

In a container next to that was my coffee machine, with one missing knob: another easy fix that's taken far too long to get my attention, and may well have been broken while the Kaleidoscope House was being exhibited, either in 2008/9, or in 2021/22.
One-twelth scale modern miniature espresso machine with a missing knob
And it was about now that I realised the theme that had developed, so threw in some cans waiting for labels
Selection of blank one-twelth scale cans in different sizes
(although I wondered if this was a good idea because what happens if I need a can and I've put labels on all the ones I have already haven? (Answer? I'll rip a label off, or order some new blanks!)), and a cheeseboard kit given to me at the 2015 AMEA convention:
Part of a large tongue depresser, several eraser pieces in white, yellow and orange and some empty pill packet inserts.
Alas, plans to get stuck into them came to a screaming halt when a situation arose with a neighbour and their missing package, so I'm hoping to get back on track with plans for these tomorrow lunchtime as I have no concentration for anything more to do than blog while I wait for the police to arrive.

So that rounds things off nicely: C for cops.

2 comments :

m1k1 said...

Well, that turned black at the end, and not in the usual way. 8-(

AMCSviatko said...

Perfectly articulated, and thank you for the giggle.

Still not sorted and I'm tired, wrung out and brain dead so am declaring today a day off making and blogging because I fear that if I try to do something I will only wreck it and want to cry.