Monday, June 15, 2009

Silly

1. Madison

When I collected this morning's mail there were two letters from Madison magazine. The first was a receipt for the $79.95 I paid them earlier in the month for a year's renewal and two free books. The second was a a notice telling me that my subscription had expired (but to ignore the letter if I'd already renewed.) But the interesting thing was that it was offering a year's subscription for $59.95.

Which had me reaching for the phone before I'd finished reading to the bottom. I called magshop. Explained my situation to the lovely women who answered, who cancelled my original subscription renewal (after warning me that I wouldn't get my "free" books. But agreeing that they'd probably slipped through the system already if I was lucky) and locking in the $59.95 rate for two years.

2. Self Portrait

Take time to stop and smell the Roses. Finished.(Or so I thought until I realised on the drive home that if the cat girl had a shadow then the stop sign should have one too...)

Cook from the cupboard

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Toasted crumpets and peanut butter. Yoghurt. Cup of tea.
Morning tea: Cheese and crackers. Apple

Lunch: Same as dinner last night: falafel with hummus, lettuce, tomato and tortilla. Chocolate
Afternoon tea: Zucchini and parmesan muffin
At Class snack: Grain waves. Coffee (I bought it before I remembered I shouldn't)
Dinner: Reheated chili corn pie from the freezer

Today's purchases:

1 year Madison subscription top-up: $39.95
1 cup coffee: $2.50

Total for today: $42.45

Total for June: $456.12

No comments :