Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I got jetlag and I never even left the ground...

It was an early start to the day today with a 1:58am Wreck this Journal project and a broken sleep after that.

A mad dash round the house getting stuff together when I woke up. A bus into town (listening to a Paco Underhill interview on my MPlayer) followed by an hour at CIT doing my first lino print:
I'm rather pleased.

Laura from the day class showed me how to use the the big scary looking printing machine thingy:
(I wish I was doing day class)

Then I trotted back across town to Craft ACT. Where I did a stock take of all the lovely things in the store
had an interesting discussion on wristwarmers with Barb (Executive Director) and Ruth Hingston (knitter and designer)
At lunchtime I popped into the Civic Library (of course) and bumped into the Manager who gave me a stack of free magazines they're de accessioning. All arty and designy. Yay! More things to read! (Oh, hang on a mo...)

After lunch I was part of a meeting to discuss Re-Loved 2. Which will be held at Craft ACT on Thursday, October 22nd. Mark your diaries now.( I'm beyond excited to have the opportunity to be part of it from behind the scenes.)

At the end of the day I chatted with Barb about my course. Braved the cold and caught the bus home. Staggered to my freezer for a little Freezer Roulette. And, after this post, will be heading to the kettle to fill the hottie and straight to bed.

Rock and Roll...

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Cup of tea. Toast and Orlando marmalade. Yoghurt. (Bolted down at an indecent speed)
Morning tea: Hummus and crackers.
Afternoon tea: Apricot danish.
Dinner: Mexican chili corn pie from the freezer.

Today's purchases: 0

Total for today: $0

Total for June: $263.21

1 comment :

m1k1 said...

I love the pear print. I am so envious of your artistic eye. My brain hurts just thinking about reversing the light for a lino cut.
Are we getting curious about the verification word selection yet? This one is mieretch (mirror etch pronounced by my midwestUSA pal?)