Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wristwarmers, take two

Voila, the new and improved version of yesterday's wristwarmers! I'm much happier with these after a few changes to the original pattern.

Here's what I did differently:

1. Used 5mm needles instead of the suggested 5.5mm (and 6mm for cast on and cast off).
2. Ribbed the whole thing - which caused a little bit of consternation as I approached the thumb gusset as to how to keep the ribbing going but I sailed through with nary a flicker of doubt. The smaller needles and the ribbing give this pair a much better fit.
3. Increased the length of the arm cover to 20 rows from the end of the edging (as shown in the pattern photo but not mentioned in the pattern)
4. Moved the thumb gusset over slightly - instead of 13 stitches then M1 I did 15 on one wristwarmer and 11 on the other. The side seam now sits along the side of the hand much better.

Now what am I going to do with them? Who do they remind me of??

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Crafty, creative and thrifty. WTG for day 3!

AMCSviatko said...

Yay! Someone's found me out here in the tent city!

Took me a while to translate WTG - guess it means "Way to Go" (as opposed to "Way too gross", "What the glory" or other options I could think off...)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's mean to be "way to go", but I quite like "what the glory".