Saturday, September 20, 2008

"100 ways to hide your stash"

is the name of one of the songs on this CD which I picked up for $3 on this morning's frugalling foray:Just in case I'm not the last person in the world to discover The Singing Quilter, you can listen to the song here.

The rest of my haul was rather ordinary: some knitting needles (of course), some magazines at 25 cents each, a brass owl ornament and an apron which wants to be turned into dolls house curtains.

I have frugalling news, though: Vinnies Tuggeranong will be closed from 7 October to an as yet unspecified date in November for refurbishment (and, I suspect, enlargement and there's building work going on next door.) Until then everything in the shop (except religious items) is half price. Even their $3 torties under the counter.

And spotted at Bargain Hunter Queanbeyan: not one but two knitting machines. Just thought I'd mention it...

2 comments :

Michelle said...

Cathy is a good mate - she often stays with me when in town. She might be due for another visit soon - I haven't heard yet.

Taphophile said...

The extension at Vinnies Tugg is to allow for furniture and out of season clothing.