Saturday, December 26, 2020

Boxing day

It's a big scene today: that kicked off with a cushion I made from a stenciled '26' I found on my Google wanderings and printed onto fabric.

One twelfth scale modern miniature loft scene with brick exposed walls, long windows and wooden floors. To the left is a galley kitchen and an island bench. At the back between the windows is a trestle desk and to the right is a seating area with a futon sofa, trolley coffee table and outdoor chairs.
What pleases me most about the scene is I managed to fit in a number of items that have been lurking in stash for rather a long time: my AG Minis loft windows. The spacies machine I bought in an op shop in Goulburn back in 2016 (with a new joystick). The acapulco chairs from Speckle and Haze (2018: not blogged). The Daiso trolley from my trip to New Zealand last Easter (ditto). And my IKEAesque storage drawers from Dollshous3bydesign around the same time (ditto ditto). And the San Francisco magnet was one of a couple attached to the side of my tambour when I moved desk several years ago: I kept it for six months in case the owner returned and then claimed it as abandoned, knowing that one day I'd work a scene around it,
One twelfth scale modern miniature loft scene with brick exposed walls and wooden floors. At the back is a trestle desk and to the right is a seating area with a futon sofa, trolley coffee table and outdoor chairs. On the coffee table is an open storage box and a selection of papers, photos and postcards. Next to it is a small rubbish bin. 
There are also several gifts from blogging buddies that I managed to include (yay!)
One twelfth scale modern miniature loft scene with brick exposed walls and wooden floors. To the right is a seating area with a futon sofa, trolley coffee table and outdoor chairs. On the coffee table is an open storage box and a selection of papers, photos and postcards. Next to it is a small rubbish bin.
And here's the $2.80 Daiso trolley, with the handle pulled off and a top made from a sample piece of perspex I picked up for free from Plastic Creations way back in 2010:
Close up view of a one twelfth scale modern miniature trolley coffee table with a large black slab on the top.

That's the thing about stash: it often takes a while for things to find the right scene...

4 comments :

Petra1945 said...

O, do you collect those flat magnets, too? I use the touristical ones in (say) a cafe.
I like today's loft a lot. (But I've never heard of a tambour machine. (A jukebox, maybe?)

Kathy S. said...

I love your scene! So many great pieces! Happy 2021!

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Petra1945: Not really, but when I see them cheap (in op shops, for example) or when travelling I pick up interesting ones I think I could use up just in case.
And a tambour is not a jukebox (alas: although if I had one of those next to my desk at work I think there'd be disagreements over the choice of music!). A tambour is a small unit on wheels, usually with a cupboard and a few drawers to keep papers. personal items, and your tablet locked away. Sometimes they also have padding on the top so visitors can use it as a seat, and are low enough to roll partially under your desk as needed. (For an example: https://www.officestock.com.au/mobile-pedestals/express-mobile-caddy-drawers-and-tambour)

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks Penelope: and same to you!