Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Catch 22

In a nice change from this time last year, it's been a lovely cool week: mainly because it's been overcast and/or raining for the past few days.

Which is brilliant for keeping the temperature down to a level I can cope with, and for keeping the plants alive, but not so good for getting my washing done and dried, or for good light for photographing miniature scenes.

Luckily I have a photo from the archives that I can use today, but not one that brings back good memories.

One twelfth scale modern miniature laptop computer on a desk with a phone handset, a mug of coffee, a piggy bank and two books: The shock of the new and Catch 22. The wall behind the desk is papered with a design of large clock faces.
I was applying for a job I didn't want, with a manager whose behaviour I didn't like, but financially didn't feel I had much choice.

I got the job, and then made sure that I was financially no longer in that position (and, in fact, four years (and many transfers) later, quit and supported myself for around 9 months while I recovered).

1 comment :

Richi said...

Thank you! Your daily pictures inspired me.