Friday, December 11, 2020

Elevenses

 Humour me in some poetic licence today, my last day at work for the year.

One twelfth scale modern miniature office cubicle with a laptop, a sandwich and takeaway coffee, a thank you card and a December 2020 calendar with 11 December circled with a red smiley face.
Because I made an office cubicle scene, and I haven't actually had a desk in an office since May, when our team shifted. And they've shifted again since, and 'my' desk is being lent to someone else.

Not that I've actually seen 'my' current desk, or the one before it. It's an odd situation to be in, but at least I have sighted the tub I packed before the first move, safely tucked away next to my boss's desk.

So it's a tad ironic that I create an office cubicle (my first, I think?) for today's scene. And before you ask: yes, there is an eleven in there (and not just the one circled on the calendar...
Close up of a one twelfth scale modern miniature office cubicle with a laptop, a sandwich and takeaway coffee, a thank you card and a December 2020 calendar with 11 December circled with a red smiley face.
But there's a tiny problem. It's so damned small you can't see it, even if I use my macro lens!

Which is a bit of a bugger as I especially drove two suburbs over to pick up takeaway coffee cups to scan and create (not terribly well) in miniature.
Life sized 7-Eleven takeaway coffee cup in a one twelfth modern miniature scene, next to a desk with a one-twelfth scale version on it.
All part of the challenge, I suppose. And tomorrow is another day, with another number.

And speaking of numbers: the number of days until I return to work? 24 :-D

No comments :