Sunday, December 27, 2020

Day 27: surprises

Today was another of those days where the scene I ended up with wasn't anything like I thought it would be: but better.

It started, as usual, looking through the selection of images I'd pulled from my '27' search. This montage seemed the most hopeful, so I printed it out (along with a few other choices just in case, since I had the room on the piece of photo paper I was using).

In my frame drawer I found a frame that fitted perfectly. First step achieved!

Still with no real idea of where things were heading, I laid the framed image on my cutting map, and started going through my stash of unused items, looking for things that 'clicked', and, as always. collecting way more than I would end up using.

As usual, as I sorted through, a theme started to appear, between the time I noted that the blue and white teapot Miggs gave me on my last visit worded well colour-wise with the montage and when the framed Love me love my cat embroidery Judy Foster gave me quite some time ago jumped out at me.

One twelfth scale modern miniature white room with a window overlooking a backyard. Under the window is a row of white bookcases and drawers containing various magazines, books, ornaments and craft supplies. On the wall are various handcrafted pictures.
It would seem that Grandma has a craft room.
One twelfth scale modern miniature craft room with a table, chair and sewing machine in the middle. Behind it, and under a window is a row of white bookcases and drawers containing various magazines, books, ornaments and craft supplies. On the wall are various handcrafted pictures.
Which is full of various mismatched furniture, often inherited from other parts of the house over the years, and treasures she's made or collected.

I'm particularly pleased that the $2 chair I bought from the 2016 NZAME convention decided it wanted to live here (as did the step I picked up for the same prices at the same time).
One twelfth scale modern miniature craft room with a table, chair and sewing machine in the middle. On the left wall is a run of retro woodgrain wardrobes, with a retro armchair in the corner. Under the window on the far wall is a row of white bookcases and drawers containing various magazines, books, ornaments and craft supplies. To the right is an old pie safe cupboard painted blue on top of which is an old dolls house, blue and white tea pot and a teddy bear. On the walls are various handcrafted pictures.
And the carpet? It's an anti-skid carpet square I picked up for $2.80 at Daiso, wondering if I'd ever use it but figuring for that price it would be better to have it just in case: again, I'm pretty pleased I finally used it.

Finally, after I took and edited al the photos of the room, I realised that the sewing table hid the contents of the shelving under the window, And if you're anything like me you enjoy poring over the details of other people's studios (even if they are imaginary!). So here's an unblocked view:
One twelfth scale modern miniature craft room wall with a window overlooking the backyard. Under the window is a row of white bookcases and drawers containing various magazines, books, ornaments and craft supplies. On the wall are various handcrafted pictures.

No comments :