Thursday, December 10, 2020

Ten out of ten: social butterflies

Three framed inchies of women from the 1950s with butterfly wings against a background of $10 Monopoly money on the wall above a one-twelfth scale modern miniature four poster bed with white sheets, blanket and pillows.
From the moment I collated ideas for each day of this year's challenge, I knew that today's post had to incorporate the inchies I made to mark the end of 2016 in some way. (Even if it meant just blogging that photo: sometimes being a pessimistic optimist is useful!)

Over the past few days, things fell into place. I spotted a black metal cube I'd picked up in an op (thrift) shop some months ago, thinking it'd make rather a nifty modern four-poster bed.

And, while searching through my scrapbooking paper stash for another scene I found a paper that I thought might pick up some of the secondary colours of the inchies rather well (while thinking I might be sailing perilously close to creating a room in a bordello...)

I let the ideas percolate for a while. Decided I'd start putting the scene together last night, and then started to panic a bit when I didn't do anything except dig out a few bits that I thought might work, leaving them tauntingly at eye level while I worked on other things.

Which meant that after work today was showdown time. (Luckily, in the wind-down to my end-of-year leave next week, I'm finishing work at 3 pm!)

One-twelfth scale modern miniature bedroom with a black metal four-poster bed with white bed linen and a red wall behind with three framed art works above, On the right-hand wall is a fireplace with candles inside, and next to it a chest of drawers with various cosmetics on the top, and a enamelled mirror on the wall above.
One of the things I like about this scene is it incorporates a frame given to me by a friend when I was in New Zealand in March (especially as I don't know when I'll be able to fly internationally again) and a bookmark rug given to me by my grandmother before she died last year.
One-twelfth scale modern miniature scene of a cream chest of drawers with an enamelled mirror above. On the top of the chest of drawers is a selection of cosmetics.
And one of the things I found a challenge (apart from said mirror constantly falling off the wall because of the weight of it), was incorporating cosmetics into the scene. Because I am so not a girly-girl.

No comments :