Friday, December 18, 2020

Explosive eighteen

It was last night that I started to realise the folly of my plan for this year's Daily Dolls' House December challenge: in previous years I could spend several days working on (and blogging) a scene, but this year I have to come up with something new every day, unless I have a photo I can recycle from a previous post.

I had a late night last night working on another project, and so a slow start to today.

Every time I reminded myself I had a scene to do, I gulped and pretended I hadn't heard myself: until just after 3 pm, when the nagging and the stress because too much and I decided to go with the lowest common denominator among the pictures I'd saved from some frenzied googling.

So with much inner encouragement ('Go on, slam something together and then it'll be done for the day and you can finally relax!'), I came up with a picnic for one, based on some scrapbooking paper I'd pulled out days ago, just in case,

Aerial view of a one twelfth scale picnic on the grass with a picnic rug, basket with a towel, various items of food, a bottle of wine and a book and a cushion.
and with a suitably trashy, but perfectly-themed, book.
Aerial close-up view of a one twelfth scale picnic on the grass with a picnic rug, a bottle of wine and a book and a cushion.
(I just hope the 'explosive' doesn't refer to the after effects of eating cheese that may have been sitting out in the sun for too long!)

No comments :