Thursday, February 01, 2024

(Sort of) Throwback Thursday: I'll try to include a miniature

 I think I'm about to buy a new (to me) scooter.

It's Nico's fault.

Man standing next to a wall covered with pages cut out of fashion magazines containing scooters

He does that, and I'd forgotten in the 14 years I was without a scooter that he does.

You see, his customers are like Hermit crabs (well, apart from the fragile exoskeletons. The pincers. The shells. And lack of scooters. OK: perhaps this analogy isn't standing up as well as I first thought!)

Let me explain.

You may remember back after The Storm That Killed Miss Daisy, that I bought a scooter to replace her.

It was odd being back on 2 wheels after 14 years in a car, and I've always felt embarrassed as I never considered new-to-me-scooter Jasper a 'real' scooter, but rather a plastic toy that sounded like a sewing machine.

But he (Jasper) was an excellent financial choice at a time when I wasn't sure that Miss Daisy had been written off, and he was a Vespa: just not what I considered a 'real' Vespa.

Don't get me wrong: Jasper has served his purpose. It's only me, as a hardened PX owner that is feeling the difference between my ET4 twist and go and what I consider a 'real' (metal, geared) Vespa.

(Still looking for a picture!)

Jasper was booked in for a service today, and while I was there, Nico asked why I wasn't going to the scoot meet ups now I had a scoot, and I explained my whole 'real'/not 'real' dilemma.

And it would seem that he has a solution. Which would mean me buying a PX from another customer of his and letting Jasper go to live with someone else.

(And now, finally, there's a picture of a miniature scooter: except it's a Lambretta, and reminds me that I really should return to working on the Two-tone dance party scene.)

Miniature Two-tone dance party poster with a tiny Lambretta scooter, speaker and sneakers

No comments :