Tuesday, February 20, 2024

This is progress, right?

 After a challenging day at work, and personally, I was about to give myself another day off minis, and therefore blogging.

But that little voice inside my brain popped up and asked if I really wanted to take 2 days off in a 3-day period, and what that might mean for my plan this year.

So I took a look at the work table and decided that something was better than nothing: and so unearthed the cottagecore bedroom yet again. Added skirting boards, and moved the windows down to a more sensible level (with the help of my lovely assistant),

And here we are, feeling right back where we started from (and ignoring any possible earworms):

One-twelfth scale modern miniature cottagecore bedroom, with a doll standing at the end of the bed checking window heights.
(And that flooring doesn't look too bad!)

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Definitely progress there ! Floor is nice and color is warm not too yellow. (Not fan of the bed in the corner but that’s not my bed either :)! ) maybe (suggestion) the white shiplap is not white enough to contrast with the floor (I do not see the same bamboo slats at all just a tad of color peeking behind the white - might be the picture / lighting / lenses I wear !). Mini ElleAime

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Mini ElleAmie

The bed in the corner was the only way I could find to fit everything in with the constraints I had: and I'm also constrained by the fact that I grabbed this particular wall panelling when this scene first started: https://theshoppingsherpa.blogspot.com/2024/02/for-love-of-minis.html

R. Jones said...

I would love to see a teal introduction here on the shiplap wall, and the pink is too pale maybe a salmon?? Or a wallpaper? I love where you're going with this, but thinking Farrow and Ball for inspiration!

AMCSviatko said...

R. Jones: love your suggestions, but since the scene is based on the original shelfie (https://theshoppingsherpa.blogspot.com/2024/02/for-love-of-minis.html) the shiplap wall needs to stay as it is.
I'll take on board your idea for the wallpaper and have another dig through my scrapbooking paper stash to see what I come up with. :-)

R. Jones said...

Thanks for sharing the original post, sound like a very fun challenge and I love what you've started. 🙂