Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Buckland on the bus

The Australian National Capital Artists have a new gallery: in an old bus.
Old bus, painted bright colours and labeled 'art bus' parked in a square
This (tiny) gallery pops up in various spots around the city, and I was determined to find the time to visit it when Tom Buckland had his exhibition Work, Lovelife, Miscellaneous there earlier in the year, as I'd really enjoyed his previous work that I'd seen.
I wasn't disappointed: as I entered the space I spied shelves displaying a collection of everyday objects made of cardboard, with peep holes and buttons: just waiting to be picked up and peered into to discover teeny tiny worlds.
Shelf in a gallery holding a collection of milk cartons and beer cans made out of cardboard. Behind it a group of people look at some assemblage pieces on the wall.
Large model of a camera, with a peephole at the back and a red button on the top.
A person peering into a large model of a camera, tin can on the front instead of a lens.
View through a peephole of a suburb of miniature white houses with red rooves.
View through a peephole of agiant chicken in the middle of a model city.
One of these days I hope to be able to justify buying one for myself...

No comments :