Wednesday, December 04, 2019

'I most definitely do not need any more miniatures for quite some time'

I keep telling myself that as I unpack my stash and sort it out properly for the first time in 10, if not 20 years.

'I'm so pleased I'm making the time to sort and store what I have in a logic manner' I say as I discover I had some lighting supplies over there in the 'plastics' box, some over there in the 'metal stuff' box and over there in the.... what even is the theme of that box? Oh, yes: 'Random stuff my friend Rosemary and I threw in together in a last-minute packing panic' a year ago and I haven't touched since.

*sigh*

(I now have a lovely set of stationery drawers in my studio wardrobe containing everything I might need if I feel myself in the mood to create a light or two. And a similar set of drawers for gardening and pot plants. This makes me very happy, even if I never actually make anything ever again...)

Anyway: back to the story:

Imagine my surprise when I popped into IKEA after work today to pick up some LED candles for the balcony (because real candles and a summer with many forecast complete fire bans do not a good match make (pun intended)) and found myself adding these to my bag:
Selection of IKEA Vinterfest LED decorative lighting piecs on display above a sign withthe price marked down from $9.99 to $7.99. A hand is picking up one of the lights to show the size of them.
They make me think of Art Deco chandeliers, and I tell myself that they are the perfect inspiration for a new scene once the work year ends (IN SEVEN WORKING DAYS! (Shouty caps intentional)).

I also note they have started the mark-down journey, and, knowing me, I will be visiting them regularly over the next few weeks to grab extras when they become stupidly cheap.

(Let's not mention the price of petrol, shall we?)

2 comments :

Joan in Ohio, USA said...

I understand. Just started tearing apart shelves untouched for years. Like my own thrift store! Full of surprises. :)

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Joan

That's exactly it! I keep finding myself in op shops (thrift stores) and sternly telling myself to just go home and shop the stash...