Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Tiny tip-shop treasures

I know I bang on, on a fairly regular basis, about how awesome our tip shops are.

And I know I've previously mentioned that they have an fabulous social-media presence where they post new finds regularly to Facebook, with the option to text or call them to put things on hold.

Which is how I managed to snaffle this reading chair for my library (because in my new home, there is no Room of Shame) for $40, while in bed, in my PJs:
Reading chair in fawn, with black writing, in the corner of a library, next to a white cupboard under a window.
 and this excellently-themed side table for the same amount, at 9pm one evening:
Side table made to look like a stack of giant books, next to an armchair.
Similarly, I spotted this basket full of minis one evening and popped it on hold:
Basket full of vintage miniature furniture and accesories, on a shop counter, with a recepit book in the background.
I recognised most of the pieces in the lot, and already had quite a few of them, but this set of crockery mystified me:
Miniautre set of blue crockery, including jugs, a crock, a stein and three plates,
They are most certainly mass-produced, but aren't ringing any bells. And my requests through mini-related social media groups haven't turned up anything.
Finger and thumb holding a blue miniature jug. In the background are other pieces of the set.
Do you recognise them at all? My gut says they're German, but I don't know why...

No comments :