Thursday, December 05, 2019

The void: reimagining Enrico Taglietti

For almost 20 years of my time in Canberra I lived opposite (and, for a short while, worked in) Dickson Library, a building designed by Enrico Taglietti who was an Italian born but Canberra-based architect who designed many buildings in Canberra before his death earlier this year.

So when I heard that Craft ACT had an exhibition of works where artists reimagined or responding to his work as part of last year's Design Canberra festival, I made a note to go have a look if I got the time in between crazy packing to prepare for my move.

And then I got a message from a friend telling me that I had to go: there was a miniature there that she thought I might rather like.

So I did. And I did.

Entering the Paterson house from the garage is a cardboard model created by Emily Paterson of (obviously) The Paterson House in Aranda (ironically, just a couple of suburbs away from where I shifted to the following month).
Cardboard model of The Paterson House designed by Enrico Taglietti, on a plinth in an art gallery with a red sticker on the plinth.
Front of a cardboard model of The Paterson House designed by Enrico Taglietti, on a plinth in an art gallery.
Part of a cardboard model of The Paterson House designed by Enrico Taglietti, on a plinth in an art gallery, casting a shadow onto the wall behind it.
Detail of the kitchen of a cardboard model of The Paterson House designed by Enrico Taglietti, with bags of groceries on the bench.
Staircase detail in a cardboard model of The Paterson House designed by Enrico Taglietti.
Door detail in a cardboard model of The Paterson House designed by Enrico Taglietti.
Luckily for me, both financially and space-wise, it had already sold by the time I visited it...

2 comments :

catherine said...

Hi, so glad you're blogging again. I thought that your move to a new home may have overwhelmed your passion for miniatures. Hope all is well with you. Catherine

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks Catherine: yes the move did overwhelm me and my passion for minis but I've been gradually sorting stuff out and now I've been here for a year I'm hoping that the Daily Dolls' House December challenge will get me back in the habit (although I'd forgotten how much time it all takes!)